Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Outed!

I finally gave in and joined Facebook. I've been resisting for ages. I already spend way too much time online, and with all my Yahoo groups and fan fiction buddies, I figured I have all the friends I need.

Besides, I have two completely different identities. There's the serious, real-life Denise the church lady, who writes technical articles and does church newsletters and multimedia. And there's the dee-mented Dee the Plum fan fiction babe, who writes smutty stories, spends her nights in chatrooms and cusses like a sailor.

So when I joined Facebook a few days ago, I tried to keep it to the crazy Dee, my online persona.

But then for some insane reason, only God knows why, I went ahead and added my education information to my profile, including my high school. Within 12 hours I had a friend request from my childhood next-door neighbor, whom I haven't seen since, jeez, I don't know... maybe my wedding?

With a big sigh I accepted her as a friend and then found another high school friend, and then found one of my local friends and... well, you get the picture.

So if you know me as Denise the church lady or Denise the technical writer, well there's a little more to me than that. And if you know me as Dee the fan fiction writer, well there's a little more to me than that, too.

It probably won't be long before my nephews and nieces find me, and my neighbors, and my technical writing clients.

Shit, now I'm going to have to stop cursing. Damn it!