Saturday, April 25, 2015

Birding down the shore

Pictures from April 15 at Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge, Oceanville NJ. First outing with my new camera. I had a little trouble with the settings. Here's what the original photo looked like before cropping and correcting:

Dark, and hard to see.
So I cropped them all and ran them through Photoshop's "smart fix" automatic correction feature. Here's what I ended up with:

Blue Winged Teal
Greater Yellowlegs
The same Yellowlegs, Greater because his beak is way longer than his head.
Snowy Egret, told from the Great because of his dark beak and head plume
Osprey, taking nesting materials back to its platform
Another osprey with nest materials, being chased by a seagull
Best osprey picture, in the nest
Taken with my new camera, Canon 7D Mark II with a Canon 75-300mm zoom lens. All at 300 mm hand held or leaning on the car to steady the camera. Cropped and corrected with Photoshop "smart fix."