Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Feeder Diner

I was sitting out in the backyard this afternoon and heard all this wild chirping. I looked and then grabbed my camera.

Mama and Papa House Finch brought the kiddies to the Feeder Diner. The pics of them on the feeder were blurry, but then they moved to the tree.

First Mama fed the little ones while Papa watched.


Then Papa hopped back to the feeder for seconds while Mama kept the babies happy.


Papa soon came back.


Now it's his turn to feed the crying babies.



So cute!


I was quite a ways away, maybe about 30', with a 300mm lens fully zoomed, handheld. I really need to get my tripod out.

West Deptford NJ, today 5/23/15.

Canon 7D Mark II with a Canon 75-300mm zoom lens. All at 300 mm hand held. Cropped and corrected with Photoshop "smart fix."