Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Reviews Part 1

There have been a plethora of free Christmas books for Kindle in the past month or so. I've read a number of them, and here are some of my reviews. Note, some of these books may still be free for Kindle, but many were limited time offers and may no longer be free. But most are lendable, so if you'd like to borrow them from me, just let me know.


Look What Santa BroughtLook What Santa Brought by Annmarie McKenna
My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Two-haiku review:

Decorator chick
Has stalker ex, blind guy friend
He's hot--she falls hard

Short, superficial
Characters not developed
Glad I didn't pay



The Christmas LampThe Christmas Lamp by Lori Copeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Two-haiku review:

He tries to save town
By cutting back on spending
She falls anyway

Novella done right
Well written and heartwarming
With Christmas spirit



Gift Wrapped for ChristmasGift Wrapped for Christmas by Mona Ingram
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Two-haiku review:

Roommates find romance
Overcome difficulties
Fall for two brothers

Two stories in one
Neither is quite deep enough
But enjoyable



Merry's Christmas: a love storyMerry's Christmas: a love story by Susan Rohrer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Two-haiku review:

Wife died at Christmas
Orphan waitress loves Christmas
Needs a family

So sweet and touching
Just perfect for holidays
I cried, so five stars


View all my reviews