Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A virtual world

It's been so long since I've posted anything that I wasn't sure I remembered how to log in here. But lucky readers, all one or two of you, here I am again, still living in a virtual world. My Vampire Wars playing has slowed down since I completed all the missions, but my newest craze is Happy Aquarium.

What is it about virtual fish that is so soothing? I just love watching them swim around in their little fake fishy world.
Of course these fish are even better than real ones. They smile when you feed them, look oh-so-woebegone when they're hungry, and never die. Well, I guess they die if you don't feed them for a week or so, but you never have to watch their little fishy carcasses go swirling down the... er, I mean, you never have to play taps for their burial at sea.

And you can breed them to make the cutest little babies ever. And believe me, breeding is an event. You get sleazy music, a rosy cloud with hearts pouring out, and a distinct *pop* as
an egg suddenly appears and drifts to the bottom of the tank.

My tanks all have themes, with appropriate fish names. Blue Hotel, top, and Rose-Colored Glasses are kind of self-explanatory. I also have the Gallery, with Michaelangelo & Mona Lisa, Scream & Munch, and Mary & Cassat.

Then there's Candyland, with Sweet Tartlet & Rolo, Almond Joy & Pixie Stix, Pez & Mike N. Ike, Reese & Snickers, and Mounds & Hershey. Of course there has to be a Circus, with Ringmaster & Flying Fifi, Bareback Rider and Freakshow, Emmett & Kelly, Tightrope Walker & Fire Eater, and Strongman & Bearded Lady.

Finally, there's Tara, with Scarlett & Rhett, Melanie & Ashley, Mammy & Big Sam, and my personal favorites, Frank Lee M'Dear and Dona Giva Damn.


Of course the neighbors are shocked when Mammy breeds with Rhett, but hey, I say breed and let breed.

Some people may think I'm wasting my time feeding and breeding virtual fishies, but the creators of this game certainly got the name right. Happy Aquarium makes me happy. :)